STAMFORD SX460 AVR E000-24602-1P
The Stamford SX460 voltage regulator is the key component responsible for both the quality and the reliability of the power that your diesel generator produces. This small, economical and critical component is the brain behind the automatic regulation of the voltage produced by your generator.
Because in most applications the loads are both constantly fluctuating and unpredictable, the Automatic Voltage Regulator is responsible for ensuring the necessary flexibility and responsiveness that your Stamford alternator needs, allowing it to quickly respond and adapt to the load impacts at all stages of its operation.
Poor, unstable or unreliable voltage outputs from a generator could result in downtime, loss of productivity, loss of convenience, safety hazards and equipment damage. Buying an original Stamford SX460 AVR will deliver dependable protection to your personnel, your electronic sensitive equipment and ultimately to your business.
Same exact AVR as:
- Stamford Voltage Regulator E000-24602 AVR
- Stamford Voltage Regulator E000-26000 AVR
- Newage Voltage Regulator 450-13900 AVR
- Newage Voltage Regulator E000-24600 AVR
- Cummins Onan Voltage Regulator 305-0982 AVR
- Cummins Onan Voltage Regulator 305-0949 AVR
- FG Wilson Voltage Regulator 594-011 AVR
- Olympian Voltage Regulator 594-011 AVR
How does the STAMFORD SX460 AVR work?
- Within your STAMFORD alternator there is a small magnetic field. As the engine drives the generator into motion, this magnetic field will induce a small voltage on the windings of your generator, called residual voltage.
- The AVR will derive excitation from this residual voltage and start inducing more voltage onto the generator’s exciter until the desired voltage level is reached.
- The AVR will continue monitoring output voltage while controlling input voltage for the generator’s exciter, through decreasing or increasing generator control voltage.
- Several times per second the AVR does calculations of how much voltage needs to be sent to the exciter, creating a stable output voltage at the predetermined set point while compensating for load, engine speed, temperature and generator power factor.
Stamford SX460 Voltage Regulator Features and Capabilities
The Stamford AVR P/N E000-24602/1P is a 100% certified original product engineered and manufactured exclusively by Stamford in the U.K. not a Chinese clone aftermarket part. Stamford is a division of Cummins Generator Technologies, a firm that has been providing electrical generation solutions for over 80 years.
Some unique aspects of the Stamford SX460 voltage regulator that make it the best choice for your generator are:
- Compensates for load, speed, temperature and power factor
- Closed loop control provides a load regulation of +/- 1.0%
- Adjustable damping or stability circuit
- Under-speed protection circuit
- LED indicates when the Under Frequency Roll-Off (UFRO) circuit is working
- Non-condensing unit
- Highly efficient semiconductors for positive voltage build up from residual voltage levels
- Frequency measuring circuit that provides output under speed protection of the excitation by reducing the output voltage proportionally with speed
- Under frequency protection at 95% of the frequency
- Manual adjustment of the under frequency roll off point for easy change from 50hz to 60hz
- Provisions that allow the use of a remote voltage trimmer when needed
- Low pass filter for the prevention of distorted waveforms likely to affect the AVR’s performance
- Suppression components that help prevent sub-cycle voltage spikes likely to damage AVR components and reduce conducted noise on generator terminals
- Professional and user friendly technical support
- 1 year international warranty